Sumary of Total Curfew Imposed in Indian City of Ahmedabad After Surge in COVID-19 Cases Post-Diwali:
- In the light of rising Covid-19 cases, a total curfew has been imposed in the Indian city of Ahmedabad, located in Prime Minister Narendra Modi home state of Gujarat..
- Only shops selling medicine and essential supplies will be permitted to remain open for two days starting Friday night until Monday morning..
- In a bid to check the surge in COVID-19 cases, Rajiv Kumar Gupta, who is in charge of the pandemic situation in Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) also announced an indefinite night curfew starting tonight..
- With thousands of mentions, #AhmedabadCurfew is trending on Twitter in India with hilarious memes contributing to the hashtag..
- Since the curfew begins tonight, the markets and streets of Ahmedabad on Friday morning have witnessed panic-buying as shoppers flocked to shops to stock their shelves before the mini-lockdown….