Sumary of Two new virus cases spark NT lockdowns:
- Camera IconNT Chief Minister Michael Gunner says health officials are part of a testing and vaccine blitz.
- Chief Minister Michael Gunner announced the lockdown on Monday after two people tested positive since spending time at the Robinson River remote community.
- Mr Gunner said the remote community lockdown was the most serious COVID-19 update he had to give since the beginning of the pandemic.
- “It is not a scenario we wanted, but we knew this day would come,” Mr Gunner told reporters on Monday.
- Mr Gunner said officials were yet to find a clear link between Monday’s cases and previous cases linked to the recent Darwin/Katherine cluster.