Sumary of U.S. Reportedly Buying 10 Million Courses Of Pfizer Antiviral Pills:
- ToplineThe Biden Administration is reportedly expected to announce it is securing 10 million courses of Pfizer’s antiviral pill, Paxlovid, to treat Covid-19, according to the Washington Post, a development that comes as three in ten Americans haven’t received even a single dose of Covid vaccines.
- Pfizer’s Covid antiviral being packaged Pfizer Key Facts The Post reports, citing two people familiar with the plan, the U.S. government will share this week its purchase of 10 million courses of Pfizer’s antiviral pill, Paxlovid.
- Earlier this month, President Joe Biden said the U.S. had obtained “millions of doses” of Pfizer’s drug, contingent on authorization by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Pfizer said Tuesday it has submitted its Covid pill with the FDA for emergency authorization.
- Key Background Health officials in the U.S. consider antiviral drugs developed by Pfizer and Merck game-changers in the administration’s efforts to contain Covid-19. But it is still pressing especially federal workers, contractors and employees at large companies to get inoculated.