Sumary of UK health minister rejects allegations over COVID-19 failures made by former PM aide:
- British health minister Matt Hancock rejected allegations by a former top aide of Prime Minister Boris Johnson, saying there was never a national shortage of protective equipment and the government followed clinical guidance on care homes..
- Johnson former aide Dominic Cummings last month said Hancock had repeatedly lied in government meetings on COVID-19, and called for him to be sacked..
- Hancock told a parliamentary select committee hearing on Thursday, adding he had never told Johnson anything he knew to be untrue..
- Cummings said Hancock had said people would be tested before being discharged into care homes, which then didn’t happen..
- Cummings said Hancock had said that all patients got the treatment they needed during the first peak of the pandemic which was contrary to briefings from the government health experts….