Sumary of UK health minister says ‘not anticipating’ any more COVID-19 lockdowns:
- British health minister Sajid Javid said on Sunday he did not expect the country to see any more lockdowns to fight the COVID-19 crisis and ruled out the use of vaccine passports to allow people to attend mass events.
- I think it would be irresponsible for any health minister around the world to take everything off the table but I just don’t see how we get to another lockdown,” he told the BBC’s Andrew Marr show.
- ”British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will this week set out plans to manage the COVID-19 pandemic over the colder months, his health minister said on Sunday, suggesting the government could remove some restrictions by relying on vaccines.
- the prime minister this week will be setting out our plans to manage COVID over the coming few months and in that we will be making it clear that our vaccine program is working,” Sajid Javid told Sky News.
- ”Britain, which has one of the highest official COVID-19 death tolls in the world, has seen the number of cases climb over the last few months after easing restrictions in July, when the government first bet on vaccines to protect the public.