Sumary of US recovers millions in ransom paid to hackers after pipeline attack – live:
- Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco noted that the “sophisticated use of technology to hold businesses and even whole cities hostage for profit is a decidedly 21st century challenge – but the old adage ‘follow the money’ still applies.”.
- to some current contenders to lead the city, he said, though as a fraught mayoral election enters its final three weeks before primary voting, he refused to say who..
- Polling shows Eric Adams, Kathryn Garcia and Andrew Yang leading the running among Democrats in the strongly Democratic city, ahead of the primary on 22 June..
- The three centrists have been aided by problems affecting leading left-wingers, although Maya Wiley, a progressive former counsel to current mayor Bill de Blasio, benefitted from an endorsement by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Saturday..
- Anthony Weiner says he given ‘informal advice’ to New York mayoral contenders Weiner had been married to Huma Abedin, a key, long-time aide to Hillary Clinton, but his scandals ultimately destroyed the marriage..
- In the first full White House press briefing in more than a year, National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan addressed how the president will work on reestablishing the US standing abroad..
- At home, Democratic West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin penned a column stating his opposition to voting rights legislation in which he was expected to be a key vote..
- Press secretary Jen Psaki said voting rights remains a priority for the Biden administration, even with Democratic West Virginia senator Joe Manchin stating his opposition to the For the People Act in a column this weekend….