Sumary of US ski industry rebounds:
- Ski areas across the United States experienced a strong rebound this winter despite public health restrictions put in place amid the coronavirus pandemic..
- Skier visits to US resorts totaled 59 million for the season, the fifth-best on record, according to the Colorado-based National Ski Areas Association..
- The US ski industry lost at least $2 billion that winter and skier visits fell 14 percent compared with the 2018 to 2019 season..
- But even with the restrictions, skiers and snowboarders weren’t deterred, and 78 percent of ski area operators said this season exceeded their expectations, according to a National Ski Areas Association survey..
- The ski area near the Continental Divide restricted the number of skiers and snowboarders allowed on the mountain each day based on terrain, the number of lifts running and public health orders at the time…