Sumary of US vaccine expert predicts life could be back to normal around May:
- As the United States recorded its 12th million Covid-19 case, the Trump administration vaccine program adviser predicted that life in America could be back to normal around May of 2021 as immunization is set to begin..
- Moncef Slaoui, chief scientific adviser of the government Operation Warp Speed vaccine development and distribution program, which involves the military and the private sector as well as government health experts, said that pending regulatory approval for the first vaccine means the first Americans could be vaccinated outside of clinical trial by mid-December..
- The first application to the US government for vaccine approval was made on Friday by the pharmaceutical team of Pfizer and its partner BioNTech..
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory body is scheduled to hold a key meeting on December 10 that could award the team emergency authorization for the vaccine..
- Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) Dr. Moncef Slaoui, chief scientific adviser to Operation Warp Speed, says he anticipates that thanks to vaccines, life in the US could return to normal around May pic.twitter.com/PpSDGYzpSb November 22, 2020 The administration plans to vaccinate 20 million people in December and another 30 million per month thereafter..
- Slaoui said that with the first vaccines – the US pharmaceutical firm Moderna is expected to apply for regulatory authorization soon on its vaccine – need to be given to at least 70% of the US population “for true herd immunity to take place”…