Sumary of USask professor says public, government must consider positives of extending some COVID-19 measures:
- Health officials and political leaders have asked the public to receive their first shot to reduce the likelihood of getting sick or dying..
- The health minister and chief medical health officer touted the province vaccine uptake and what it has done to protect people..
- 0:35 ‘Overwhelming majority’ of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Saskatchewan in May weren’t vaccinated:.
- Merriman ‘Overwhelming majority’ of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Saskatchewan in May weren’t vaccinated:.
- Merriman Dr. Saqib Shahab presented Saskatchewan COVID-19 numbers for last month during a June 8 press conference..
- Saskatchewan reopening won’t be easy for everyone, mental health advocate says May saw just short of 5,296 new cases, but only eight per cent (427) of them came from people who had reached a three-week period after receiving their first dose..
- But while the number of people who have received their first dose continues to rise, there is concern about loosened measures for those with underlying health conditions..
- There were 28 COVID-19 deaths in May and seven people had been vaccinated for more than three weeks when they died….