Sumary of Vaccine bungle hits big number of Aussies:
- The true number of Australians hit by shock revelations about the AstraZeneca vaccine has been made clear as the government scrambles to develop an alternative rollout strategy..
- New figures released last month reveal more than 11.2 million Australians aged 18-49 are affected by the damning health advice..
- This is about 43 per cent of Australia population of 25.7 million, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics..
- The updated health advice could derail the vaccine rollout plan, as the majority of the population were expected to get the jab because it could be manufactured onshore..
- Australia has a contract for 20 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, enough to fully vaccinate 10 million Australians..
- Australia has an agreement for 51 million doses of the Novavax jab, which was not due until later this year, prompting the government to urgently assess its options…