Sumary of Vaccines minister says England must be ‘really careful’ about 21 June exit:
- As it considers delaying the 21 June lifting of all coronavirus restrictions, the vaccines minister, Nadhim Zahawi, has said..
- “There has been some really hard-won battles against this virus and we don’t want to squander those hard-fought gains that we have made through the vaccination programme,”.
- He told BBC Radio 4 Today programme that last week there was a 63% increase in cases, but only a 7.1% increase in hospitalisations and a 1.9% increase in deaths..
- Britain decision to send 100m surplus vaccines to the world poorest nations, announced on Thursday, would not affect the vaccination programme, he said..
- So our deployment programme will not be impacted at all, by our donation of 100m doses we’ve got over 500m doses on order,”.
- “We’re giving surplus doses away, we’re looking in the cupboard, we’ve got more than we need, and we’re giving it away.”…