Sumary of Vancouver-based biotech company central in development of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine:
- A Vancouver company is central to the news Monday morning that Pfizer is close to developing an effective vaccine against the coronavirus..
- Pfizer said Monday that an early peek at the data on its coronavirus vaccine suggests the shots may be a surprisingly robust 90 per cent effective at preventing COVID-19..
- Vancouver-based Acuitas Therapeutics, a biotechnology company, is playing a key role through a technology known as lipid nanoparticles, which deliver messenger RNA into cells..
- “The technology we provide to our partners is lipid nanoparticles and BioNTech and Pfizer are developing a vaccine that using a messenger RNA that tells our cells how to make a protein that actually found in the COVID-19 virus,”.
- Trudeau reacts to news Pfizer coronavirus vaccine may be 90% effective The idea around using messenger RNA for vaccines is a new technology, Madden said, and the development of the COVID-19 vaccine is the “most important”.
- “Everybody was hopeful the vaccines would provide protection and this is the first demonstration that that is indeed the case.”.
- 2:05 Canada inks deals to secure millions of coronavirus vaccine doses Canada inks deals to secure millions of coronavirus vaccine doses – Aug 5, 2020 Acuitas Therapeutics employs 29 people and Madden said he believes everyone is feeling very proud of their work…