Sumary of Victoria pauses NSW, ACT red zone permits:
- Camera IconDaniel Andrews says Victorian residents in NSW and the ACT are no longer allowed to come home.
- Well, the rules are changing today,” Premier Daniel Andrews told reporters on Tuesday.
- Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton has also declared South Australia a red zone from 11.59pm on Wednesday as it joined Victoria as well as Sydney and surrounds in lockdown.
- Victoria is beginning its sixth day of stay-home orders, which will remain in place until at least 11:59pm on July 27.Mr Andrews said the state had avoided a “NSW-style, long, lengthy, very challenging lockdown” but authorities needed more time to “extinguish” the outbreak.
- Professor Sutton said about a third of the state’s close contacts are in regional Victoria, making it likely the lockdown will remain statewide.