Sumary of Victoria records 392 new local Covid-19 cases as unlinked cases spike, most cases in under 50s:
- Of the 3112 active cases across Victoria, 85 per cent are under the age of 50.Camera IconMore than 75 per cent of Victoria’s active Covid-19 cases are people under the age of 50. NCA NewsWire / David Geraghty Credit: News Corp AustraliaPremier Daniel Andrews said the statistic was a reminder that the virus “is everybody’s business”.
- “This is something that is really targeting, if you like, those who are not vaccinated,” Mr Andrews said on Sunday.
- Camera IconVictorian Premier Daniel Andrews has told every Victorian to come forward for a vaccine ‘now’.
- NCA NewsWire / Ian Currie Credit: News Corp AustraliaAs of Sunday morning, 65 per cent of Victorians have had at least their first dose of vaccine.
- Mr Andrews said the pop-ups were about “removing another barrier … taking the vaccination to you”.
- Camera IconCommunity and school-based pop-up vaccination clinics will be set up in areas of concern.
- NCA NewsWire / David Geraghty Credit: News Corp AustraliaHume, Dendenong and Casey local government areas, which are all recording increasing numbers of cases, will have the first community-based clinics.
- ”Camera IconAs of Sunday, 65 per cent of eligible Victorians have had one dose of Covid-19 vaccine.