Sumary of Victorian Premier blindsided by Prime Minister’s news of extra vaccine doses for the state:
- Anton NilssonNCA NewsWireCamera IconNot Supplied Credit: News Corp AustraliaShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkThe Victorian Premier said he only learned about a shipment of extra coronavirus jabs headed for his state from a journalist – after the Prime Minister announced the news earlier on Sunday.
- Scott Morrison told reporters shortly after 11am Victoria would get 400,000 vaccine doses – including both Moderna and Pfizer jabs – this month as part of a “blitz” to help stem the state’s Delta outbreak.
- ”Camera IconThe Victorian Premier said he learned about a shipment of extra coronavirus jabs headed for his state from a journalist.
- NCA NewsWire / Ian Currie Credit: News Corp AustraliaMr Morrison said on Sunday there would be an additional one million Moderna doses coming to Australia from the European Union.
- “Minister Hunt and I have agreed that the Commonwealth will surge more than 400,000 additional doses of Pfizer and Moderna in Victoria over the course of September.
- ”Camera IconMr Morrison said on Sunday there would be an additional one million Moderna doses coming to Australia from the European Union.
- NCA NewsWire / Dylan Coker Credit: News Corp AustraliaThe extra Moderna vials were surplus doses originally destined for Spain, the Czech Republic, Portugal and Bulgaria.
- “I want to thank Moderna for their support to these arrangements, as well as Norway and Sweden who have helped facilitate this deal over the course of these last few weeks,” Mr Morrison told reporters.