Sumary of Victoria’s huge drop in Covid cases:
- The number of new daily infections has fallen by 361 in two days and the average daily case rate over the last seven days has dipped to 444.There were 1221 new cases reported on Saturday and 905 infections reported on Sunday, as more than 48,000 people got tested for the virus.
- Victorian health officials say 71 of the people in ICU have Covid infections that are no longer considered active.
- The health department says more than 87 per cent of Victorian residents aged over 12 had now had two doses of a Covid vaccine.
- Restrictions are set to be eased further once 90 per cent of Victorians aged 12 and over are double dose vaccinated, which is anticipated to be on November 24Gathering limits, capacity and density limits will no longer apply when state hits that threshold.
- Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced the change on Thursday, saying private hospitals and day procedures would continue to prioritise time-critical and urgent procedures.
- The Victorian government on Monday said it would spend $2.5 million on community programs to support increased vaccine uptake as the state approaches the 90 per cent double dose threshold.