Sumary of Virus scare after couple flees lockdown:
- A Melbourne couple have sparked a Covid scare in Queensland after leaving lockdown and travelling to the Sunshine Coast..
- The pair are reported to have spent several days in regional NSW before moving north to Queensland on June 5, where a 44-year-old woman tested positive in Caloundra on June 8..
- Queensland still regards Melbourne to be a Covid hotspot, with travellers from the southern state capital required to complete hotel quarantine on arrival..
- Health Minister Yvette D’Ath said the woman entered Queensland on June 5, passing through Goondiwindi and Toowoomba..
- Queensland chief health officer Dr Jeanette Young remained calm and did not lambaste the couple for leaving Victoria during lockdown..
- Dr Young said the woman developed symptoms on June 3 and empathised with Queenslanders about the positive case..
- Queensland Police Deputy Commissioner Steve Gollschewski said the couple movements would be examined and they would be questioned on their reasons for travelling into the state while Victoria was declared a hotspot….