Sumary of Volunteers needed for 3-day jab drive:
- is calling for more volunteers for the national Covid-19 vaccination drive so the government could reach the goal of inoculating 15 million Filipinos during the three-day period.
- Galvez, who is also the chief implementer of the National Task Force Against Covid-19 (NTF), said that preparations for the event “have shifted to high gear.
- “He said the government is looking at opening over 5,000 more vaccination centers to complete the 11,000 sites needed for the event, as well as the recruitment of about 51,000 volunteers.
- A huge number of organizations from the medical, academe and student sectors, as well as from community organizations, have expressed their commitment to provide support for the National Vaccination Days.
- } “We need to scale up the vaccination capacity of our LGUs (local government units) and build up the momentum for our vaccination output leading to Christmas and the rest of the holiday season,” he said.
- Nine cities outside the National Capital Region have fully vaccinated their population with the first dose.
- As of November 24, the country still has more than 57.6 million doses of vaccine stockpiled, from the total of 135.2 million doses delivered since February.
- From November 15 to 21, the Philippines achieved its highest seven-day average output of 5.8 million jabs.