Sumary of WA closes SA border, expands vaccinations:
- Premier Mark McGowan says the hard border will come into effect from midday on Thursday, locking out any travellers who do not have an exemption.
- WA has already closed its borders to NSW, Victoria and Queensland as the eastern states deal with outbreaks of the highly transmissible Delta variant.
- “The whole country bar here, Tasmania and the Northern Territory has cases in the community,” Mr McGowan told reporters.
- With WA now having received additional supplies of the Pfizer vaccine from the Commonwealth, Mr McGowan has announced an additional 10,000 vaccination bookings per week will become available from the end of July.
- “Our aim is to make vaccination as accessible as possible for those who haven’t yet had their first dose,” Mr McGowan said.