Sumary of We need scientists to quiz Covid consensus, not act as agents of disinformation | Sonia Sodha:
- There are the corporate interests such as the Conservative donor and multimillionaire hotel owner Rocco Forte, who was given a primetime BBC platform to spread untruths about Covid-19..
- So it was perturbing to see Carl Heneghan, a professor of evidence-based medicine at the University of Oxford, claim in a Spectator piece he co-wrote last week:.
- He makes two serious scientific errors in his piece, which is based on a misrepresentation of a Danish randomised-control trial..
- Second, implicit in Heneghan piece is the erroneous assumption that there is some abstract hierarchy when it comes to scientific evidence:.
- When Facebook rightly classified Heneghan piece as false information, rather than engage with the substance of the critique, he took to social media to tweet:…