Sumary of ‘We need support’: NSW Health to stop providing regional COVID-19 case locations:
- Eighty of Sunday’s new cases were recorded across regional NSW – including 42 in the Hunter New England region and 25 in the Murrumbidgee local health district – but NSW Heath said it would no longer provide a list of case locations for regional and rural NSW on its website.
- Moree mayor Katrina Humphries said the decision to stop publishing regional case locations was “disappointing” as rural and regional towns were not out of the woods.
- Credit:Louise Kennerley“This change has already been made for case locations in Greater Sydney, including the Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour, and the Nepean Blue Mountains,” its statement said.
- ”But Moree mayor Katrina Humphries said the decision was “very disappointing”.
- Her regional town in northern NSW has recorded 149 cases in its recent outbreak, and most have been in Aboriginal people.