Sumary of ‘We pray for them’: Biden pays tribute to Covid victims in Thanksgiving message:
- The music of laughter in a warm, full kitchen, the thump of small feet making big sounds, the circle of faces crowded around our dining room table, glowing in the candlelight.
- ”Many families and friends who stayed apart last year have been able to reunite for the holiday this year thanks to the prevalence of the Covid-19 vaccines.
- Parade employees and volunteers had to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and wear masks.
- ”The president’s remarks came as Covid infection rates climb again in parts of the midwest and north-east, with health workers and hospital systems saying they are preparing for an influx of Covid patients due to holiday travel.
- “It is a race against time,” said Kyle Enfield, the associate chief medical officer of critical care at University of Virginia Health.
- There have been twice the number of Covid deaths this year than in 2020. Officials have warned that total US deaths from the virus may reach 1m by March.