Sumary of ‘We were just shocked’: community mourns after Covid death of Sydney removalists’ mother:
- Saeeda Akobi Jjou Stu’s death at the family’s home in Green Valley in Sydney’s south-west has shocked and devastated the local community and her church congregation.
- “Saeeda Akobi Jjou Stu has passed away in Sydney, a Patriot of Adel Habo Belhad Shuka’s wife and mother of Rommel, Roni, Ramsen, Rita [and] Ranin Shuka,” the Facebook page read.
- In a statement, NSW Health confirmed that the mother had tested positive to coronavirus, and that her death was the fifth in the current outbreak in the state.
- She had passed away only three days after testing positive, the NSW chief health officer, Dr Kerry Chant, said on Tuesday.
- ”Chant said authorities had offered the family special health accommodation after she was diagnosed, but they decided to stay at home.
- ”The twins spoke to the Daily Telegraph on Monday, saying there had been a miscommunication between them and NSW Health.
- ”“I was driving and he call[ed] me from the health [department], he told me to stop working and go home, I was already in Orange.