Sumary of WFP and WHO launch joint project to improve emergency response to health crises:
- Health emergencies like the West Africa Ebola response and the current COVID-19 pandemic have shown just how crucial working together as a humanitarian community is, and so we’re extremely pleased to be able to further cement our role as an enabler of humanitarian response through this collaboration with WHO.
- ” Alex Marianelli, WFP Director of Supply Chain “The WHO-WFP-led COVID-19 Supply Chain System has already illustrated an end-to-end integration of technical and operational capacities for impact,” said Dr Ibrahima Soce-Fall, Assistant Director-General for Emergencies Response, WHO.
- ” Related StoriesThe United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
- We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
- Follow us on Twitter @wfp_media @wfplogistics The World Health Organization provides global leadership in public health within the United Nations system.
- Founded in 1948, WHO works with 194 Member States across six regions, to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable.