Sumary of What You Need to Know About Biden’s New Sweeping Vaccine Mandate:
- Last night, President Biden announced a new COVID-19 vaccine mandate as part of a major plan to contain the pandemic.
- But the one that’s already gotten the most attention is a vaccine mandate that will apply to all private companies with 100 or more employees.
- The plan also includes a requirement that those employers give people paid time off in order to get the vaccines.
- “I’m announcing that the Department of Labor is developing an emergency rule to require all employers with 100 or more employees, that together employ over 80 million workers, to ensure their workforces are fully vaccinated or show a negative test at least once a week,” Biden said.
- We’re going to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by increasing the share of the workforce that is vaccinated in businesses all across America.
- ” Legal experts previously told SELF that a vaccine mandate like this is unlikely to be a violation of health privacy regulations.
- And companies may be more comfortable implementing COVID-19 vaccine requirements now that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has full approval from the Food and Drug Administration.
- The vaccine mandate—and the whole sweeping plan—is a bold move that public health experts have been eagerly waiting for.