Sumary of What you need to know about President Joe Biden’s new Covid vaccine mandates:
- Critics see the move by the president as a reversal of his previous promise to avoid vaccine mandates.
- Federal health officials, however, believe it is the next step in the fight against the highly contagious delta variant, which is killing more than 1,500 Americans every day, according to a CNBC analysis of Johns Hopkins University data, and filling hospitals in unvaccinated pockets of the country to the brim.
- “The multipronged approach affects hundreds of public and private companies and tens of millions of American workers.
- It mandates vaccines and eliminates testing options for federal government employees, including those in the health-care sector, and calls for stiff penalties for those who don’t comply.
- Here’s what you need to know about Biden’s latest bid to get more Americans vaccinated.
- Where vaccination is mandatory, with no testing optionFederal employees and contractors that work with the government face renewed vaccine mandates and will no longer have the option of regular Covid testing.
- “If you want to work with the federal government and do business with us, get vaccinated,” Biden said.
- “If you want to do business with the federal government, vaccinate your workforce.