Sumary of When do blood clots occur after AstraZeneca?:
- Blood clots have been named a rare side effect of the AstraZeneca vaccine by the EU medicines regulator this week, with the UK medicines regulator choosing not to give the vaccine to those aged under 30 in response to its reported link to blood clots..
- “The rare reaction of low platelet count and clots appears to be an idiosyncratic reaction on first exposure to the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.”.
- “Some had positive platelet factor antibodies and elevated D-dimer and these occurred after the first dose of the vaccine..
- “A study by Greinacher and others dated March 28 as a research article suggested that the vaccination induces platelet-activating antibodies clinically resembling heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) by direct binding of the virus to platelets with the adenovirus causing platelet pre-activation.”.
- “Currently, the most plausible explanation is that inflammatory processes associated with the immune response indirectly activate platelets resulting in the formation of blood clots…