Sumary of When YOU could get your booster jab – could be rolled out 5 months after 2nd vaccine:
- Ministers are expected to push for a new policy where Brits will be eligible for the vaccine just five months after their second jab.
- The booster programme has been a huge success so far with almost 12 million booster jabs rolled out to date.
- Currently, the booster vaccine is only available to those who have had their second jab at least six months ago.
- Booster jab set to be needed for international travelThis will make millions more eligible for the booster vaccine.
- In October he opposed the JCVI’s recommendations as he urged ministers to reduce the delay between vaccines.
- DON’T MISS: He said: “This decision that’s been made that you can’t have your booster jab until six months after you had your second jab – how hard and fast should that rule be?
- “Does it really matter, when it’s only nine weeks till the Christmas holidays, if someone has a booster jab after five months?
- ”Prime Minister Boris Johnson has renewed his calls for Brits to take up the booster vaccine.