Sumary of White House & Congressional Staff Members Test Positive A White House official and a staff member in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office, both fully vaccinated, have tested positive for COVID-19 after attending the same reception.:
- July 22, 2021 — A White House official and a staff member in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office have tested positive for COVID-19 after attending the same reception last week.
- The White House staff member, who tested positive Monday, has mild symptoms and is off-site while taking additional tests.
- “We know there will be breakthrough cases, but as this incident shows, cases in vaccinated individuals are typically mild,” Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, told reporters on Tuesday.
- Both the White House official and Pelosi’s staff member were at the same rooftop reception last Wednesday.
- The White House official hasn’t had close contact with President Joe Biden or other senior administrators, and Pelosi’s staff member hasn’t had contact with Pelosi since the exposure.
- Pelosi’s staff member, who has been identified as a senior spokesperson in the press office, ushered a group of Democratic lawmakers from Texas around the Capitol last week.