Sumary of White House officials consider new push on masks as Covid cases rise – live:
- But in Texas, Governor Greg Abbott, who is up for reelection, is refusing to impose a statewide mask mandate even though cases are on the rise.
- Greg Abbott says he will not impose another statewide mask mandate, despite COVID-19 cases being on the rise again.
- “There will be no mask mandate imposed, and the reasons for that are very clear,” Abbott told KPRC-TV in Houston on Tuesday.
- ” It would be “inappropriate to require people who already have immunity to wear a mask,” Abbott said.
- It’s a rare sign of the times and specific moment for Trump supporters: former Senator Bob Dole of Kansas, the former Republican presidential nominee, who endorsed Donald Trump now says the 45th president lost fair and square to Joe Biden.
- But the high-level discussions reflect rising concerns across the administration about the threat of the delta variant and a renewed focus on what measures may need to be reintroduced to slow its spread.