Sumary of WHO warns of autumn resurgence in Europe – as it happened:
- Cruise operator Royal Caribbean said on Thursday two guests onboard its Celebrity Millennium ship have tested positive for Covid-19, but are asymptomatic and currently in isolation..
- The US administered 305,687,618 doses of Covid-19 vaccines and distributed 372,830,865 doses in the country as of Thursday morning, the U.S..
- US President Joe Biden has already promised to donate half a billion Pfizer vaccines for 92 low- and lower middle-income countries and the African Union..
- Under the Prime Minister plan, the UK will provide five million doses by the end of September, with 25 million more by the end of 2021..
- Venezuela government has been unable to complete a payment required to receive coronavirus vaccines because transfers to the global COVAX vaccine program had been blocked, Reuters reports..
- The government of President Nicolas Maduro for months said it was unable to pay for the COVAX program because of U.S..
- Vice President Delcy Rodriguez in a televised broadcast on Thursday said the government had been unable to pay down the remaining $10 million because four operations had been blocked..
- Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza later tweeted a copy of a letter from COVAX saying it had received information from Swiss bank UBS that four operations, totaling $4.6 million, “were blocked and under investigation.”…