Sumary of Will Alberta announce new COVID-19 restrictions on Tuesday?:
- As the COVID-19 case numbers in Alberta climb and variants of concern continue to spread, many people are wondering if the province is on the cusp of announcing tighter health restrictions..
- Alberta emergency management cabinet committee was originally scheduled to meet on Wednesday, but the meeting has since been moved up to Tuesday morning..
- This, as Alberta Health announced Monday that 887 new COVID-19 cases had been identified in the last 24 hours, including 432 variants of concern..
- Alberta chief medical officer of health, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, is expected to provide an update during a news conference on Tuesday afternoon..
- As of Monday, the provincial government was reporting 10,582 active cases of COVID-19 in Alberta with 312 people being cared for in hospital, including 76 people in intensive care..
- (10/10) More than 9,102 COVID-19 tests were completed Sunday, resulting in a provincial positivity rate of 9.9 per cent..
- According to an Alberta Health spokesperson, that is the fourth-highest positivity rate the province has recorded to date…