Sumary of Winnipeg barber’s ‘yard cuts’ plan nixed by province:
- The Winnipeg barber who thought he’d found a creative way to pursue his craft while staying within public health restrictions has had his plan nixed by the province..
- “Unfortunately, I got quite a threatening call from public health and I can no longer pursue my dream of paying my mortgage,”.
- In a statement, Public Health said the physical closeness between hairdresser and customer means haircuts — even outdoors — are still a no-no..
- “Personal services such as haircuts are not allowed under the public health orders due to the proximity required for the service,”.
- “Outdoor gathering sizes will be relaxed June 12, however, that does not signal a return to normal activity for Manitobans..
- Manitoba newly announced reopening plan, delivered by Premier Brian Pallister and chief public health officer Brent Roussin on Thursday, will be tied to first- and second-dose vaccination targets..
- Businesses, services and facilities will be first allowed to open at 25 per cent of capacity by Canada Day, provided 70 per cent of all Manitobans 12 and over have received their first shot, and 25 per cent have received their second shot…