Sumary of World COPD Day: Recent updates on risk, treatment, guidance and more:
- Recent updates and news on COPD covered by Healio include a study that highlighted a decrease in COPD admissions during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Read more Increasing temperatures linked to worsening COPD symptoms Warmer weather was associated with worsening COPD symptoms, as early as 2 days after a rise in ambient temperature, in adults with COPD, according to new data presented at the virtual European Respiratory Society International Congress.
- Read more Significant decrease in COPD admissions seen during COVID-19 pandemic COPD admissions significantly decreased following the implementation of public health measures during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to data published in the American Journal of Medicine.
- Read more Genetic risk, preexisting COPD may predict risk for severe COVID-19 High genetic risk and preexisting COPD are both independently associated with increased risk for severe COVID-19, researchers reported in the Annals of the American Thoracic Society.
- short trainings can improve technique In a new study, a high proportion of patients with COPD used their pressurized metered dose inhalers incorrectly, but inhaler techniques improved with short trainings in the clinic.
- Read more Portable air cleaners may improve respiratory outcomes in former smokers with COPD Portable air cleaners improved respiratory outcomes among former smokers with COPD, with the greatest benefit found in those with greater adherence and those who spent more time indoors, according to results of the CLEAN AIR STUDY.