Sumary of Zimbabwe: Cabinet Orders Govt Workers to be Vaccinated Against Covid-19:
- After a cabinet meeting late Tuesday, Monica Mutsvangwa, Zimbabwe’s information minister, told reporters that the government was concerned about a continued increase in COVID-19 cases in the country.
- “In light of the continued rise in COVID-19 cases, cabinet approved the following: the decongesting of both public and private sector workplaces.
- Robson Shereni, head of the Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe, says the directive must be defied.
- Sifiso Ndlovu, who heads the Zimbabwe Teachers Association, said the government’s drive to inoculate all its workers is a noble one.
- Shereni said the union will file a lawsuit if vaccines become mandatory.