Sumary of Community Health Clinics: Discovering Joy in a Dental Hygiene Career:
- © alfa27 / Adobe Stock When I tell my dental hygienist friends that I work in a community health clinic, I get a variety of responses.
- While it is true that community health has its own set of challenges, such as budget and supply restrictions, ever-changing patient populations, and oversight of outside agencies, the rewards are great.
- Not only can we succeed in community health, but with the right mindset, we can actually find great joy.
- There is joy in serving dental patients, being with our coworkers, and in work itself.
- ” Patients Mahatma Gandhi, whose political activism redefined community interactions in India for decades, said, “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- ” Community health clinics provide an unequaled opportunity to interact with a wide variety of patients.
- Many patients we serve have very little dental knowledge or experience.
- Coworkers Author Margaret Carty said, “The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.