Sumary of 10 Healthy Twists on Classic Thanksgiving Recipes, According to Dietitians:
- Simply sprinkling cranberries on your candied yams dish before baking it can add a satisfying tartness to the dish along with some major health benefits.
- pylori infection rate in Chinese adult participants compared to those consuming lower amounts of juice and a placebo.
- pylori infection is the primary identified cause of gastric cancer while other major risk factors include chronic gastritis, high-salt diets, and chemical carcinogens.
- Classic pie crusts, while delish, can be loaded with saturated fat and calories, while not offering up many nutritional benefits.
- For a simple swap with no sacrifice on taste, make a nut-based pie crust using crushed walnuts, pecans, or pistachios, butter, and a touch of sugar (if desired).
- RELATED: Secret Side Effects of Eating Walnuts, Says Dietitian ShutterstockAdding a can of drained white kidney beans to mashed potatoes is a hack that Brynn McDowell, RDN, registered dietitian, includes in her Thanksgiving prep.