Sumary of 5 healthy, satisfying foods to eat after a workout that will give your muscles the best chance to recover:
- After a workout, you should be getting a healthy balance of protein and carbohydrates.
- Great post-workout protein sources include lean meat, like fish and chicken, and grains like quinoa.
- Include additional vitamins and nutrients in your post-workout meals with avocados and leafy greens.
- Martinez recommends that people – especially those training at a high level – eat a meal rich in protein and carbohydrates within an hour of finishing their workout.
- Ideally, these carbs and protein should be from whole foods like fruits, vegetables, and lean meat, but protein supplements or shakes can work in a pinch.
- The protein will help repair and build muscle, while carbohydrates will stabilize blood sugar and prevent the body from breaking muscle down.
- 17th September 202115+ Knowledge Sessions30+ Industry leadersRegister NowMeet Our SpeakersNikhil MalhotraDan SchawbelRonnie ScrewvalaDr. KV SubramanianBenjamin PringSanjeev Bikhchandani 1. Fish or chicken Fish is a great source of lean protein that can rebuild your muscles after an intense workout.
- Sushi, in particular, has a good balance of protein from the fish and carbs from the rice.