Sumary of 9 Surprising Reasons Why You’re Feeling Nauseous:
- If you think this is why you’re feeling nauseous, you can try home remedies like over-the-counter stomach upset medications5. 3. You might need to drink some water.
- Feeling nauseous might just be your unsettled stomach telling you to serve yourself some more H20. And we’re not talking about day-in-the-desert-without-water dehydrated.
- For some people, even mild dehydration could cause stomach trouble, Dr. Wexler says.
- But if you have signs of severe dehydration—like fatigue, dizziness, or confusion—seek medical attention right away.
- Plenty of medications—even supplements and over-the-counter meds—can leave you feeling nauseous.
- Sometimes, popping an over-the-counter pain reliever (like ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or an NSAID) on an empty stomach can actually cause you to feel nauseous.
- Without some food in your belly to act as a buffer, the components of some pills can be irritating to the lining of the stomach, Dr. Wexler says.
- Just be sure to have your snack before you take your vitamins or meds, so it can coat your stomach.