Sumary of Changing My Diet Helped Me Manage My Ulcerative Colitis:
- When she has bad flares, her go-to safe food is plain yogurt with rice (a common pairing in Middle Eastern cuisine).
- I attribute having a healthier diet while growing up to having home-cooked meals.
- It isn’t easy for people with IBD to get past that as we have very good “gut memory.
- Whether I’m in a flare or recovering, I tend to self-isolate and limit social outings that involve food.
- Most nutritionists and health care providers aren’t familiar with the dishes respective to different cultures.
- Mashed potatoes, for example, are not a staple food in the Middle Eastern diet.