Sumary of Collagen supplements can help keep skin youthful and glowing, according to a dermatologist:
- Global sales of collagen supplements are projected to reach $7.5 billion by 2027.
- Brands claim taking the protein can keep skin youthful, among other benefits.
- Dermatologist Melanie Palm told Insider there’s evidence to support this.
- With eternally youthful celebrities like Halle Berry and Jennifer Aniston singing the skin-boosting praises of collagen, more and more people are adding it into their diets.
- In the US, collagen supplements continue to grow at an annual rate of 60%, and the global market is projected to reach over $7.5 billion by 2027.
- Brands promise glowing skin, shiny hair, and strong nails as a result of adding a scoop of collagen powder to our daily diets.
- According to a dermatologist, research is limited, but it may have real skin benefits.Brands claim collagen keeps skin youthful Collagen occurs naturally in the human body, but our levels drop as we age, starting in the mid-20s.
- “Collagen supplementation works in two ways: It acts as a messenger protein and it supplies the body with amino acids,” Oliva Pelaez, Education Coordinator for Vital Proteins, told Insider.