Sumary of Covid: Scientists have ‘real concern’ for new strain that could evade immunity – symptoms:
- 1.1.529, which has an “extremely high number” of mutations that could evade immunity.
- Dr Tom Peacock, a virologist at Imperial College London, noted that the “incredibly high amount of spike mutations suggest this could be of real concern”.
- The new Covid strain has 32 mutations in the spike protein, which can influence its ability to infect cells and spread.
- Dr Peacock added: “This variant contains not one, but two furin cleavage site mutations – P681H (seen in Alpha, Mu, some Gamma, B.
- “This is the first time I’ve seen two of these mutations in a single variant.
- ” High cholesterol: The best diet to significantly reduce dangerous cholesterol in weeksCases of B.
- Ravi Gupta, a professor of clinical microbiology at Cambridge University, emphasised that the mutant strain is a “significant concern based on the mutations present”.
- ”The latest Government data on CovidThe number of people testing positive for Covid is rapidly increasing.