Sumary of Gulati: ASPC summit to explore ‘Protecting the Heart of One and All’:
- July 22, 2021 3 min read Source/Disclosures Published by: Source: Healio Interviews Disclosures: Gulati reports no relevant financial disclosures.
- Back to Healio The American Society for Preventive Cardiology Virtual Summit on CVD Prevention will be held Friday to Sunday and will highlight advancements and shortcomings in hypertension care, special population disparities, diets and more.
- Healio spoke with Martha Gulati, MD, MS, FACC, FAHA, FASPC, president of the American Society for Preventive Cardiology (ASPC), about some of the topics in the spotlight this year and what attendees can hope to garner from the sessions.
- Ferdinand These discussions on special populations will be presented Sunday and will be moderated by Cardiology Today Editorial Board Member Keith C.
- Ferdinand, MD, FACC, FAHA, FASPC, Gerald S. Berenson Endowed Chair in Preventive Cardiology and professor of medicine at Tulane University School of Medicine: Impact of Hormone Replacement on CVD in the Transgender Patient, presented by Chrisandra Shufelt, MD, MS;
- Myocardial Infarction and Heart Failure Among People With HIV: Risks, Mechanisms and Preventive Approaches, presented by Markella Zanni, MD;
- ” Suzanne Oparil On Friday, Suzanne Oparil, MD, distinguished professor of medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, will present the Leaders in Medicine Lecture, “A Glimpse Into the Future – Hypertension as Cardiovascular Disease Prevention.
- ” Seth S. Martin To address this topic, Ami Bhatt, MD, director of the adult congenital heart disease program at Massachusetts General Hospital, will present “Telehealth – New Billing and Practical Usage” on Sunday.