Sumary of High blood pressure: The drink that may slash your reading as much as cutting down on salt:
- High blood pressure, also called hypertension, affects around a third of adults in the UK. The tricky aspect is that many might not even know due to the absence of symptoms caused by this condition.
- It’s normal for blood pressure to rise and fall throughout the day.
- However, if your levels become consistently high, you’re risking developing severe health problems, like heart attacks and strokes.
- Dr Carrie Ruxton from the Fruit Juice Science Centre shared that lowering blood pressure might be as simple as enjoying your daily glass of orange juice.
- Packed with vitamin C, the zesty drink can lower blood pressure by three millimetres of mercury(mmHg) for systolic blood pressure and almost two mmHg for diastolic blood pressure when drunk regularly, according to a new study in Nutrition Bulletin.