Sumary of Is acid reflux troubling you? It’s time to drop these 9 foods from your diet:
- You need to be very careful with your diet if you are struggling with acid reflux.
- If so, it may be because you’re struggling with acid reflux, also known as acidity.
- But all the burning, bitter taste in the throat, gassy bloating in the stomach points towards acid reflux!
- Image courtesy: Shutterstock Dr Roy Patankar, Director and Gastroenterologist, Zen Multispeciality Hospital, reveals certain foods to HealthShots, which should be avoided, in case you suffer from acid reflux.
- These are the foods that can aggravate acid reflux, according to Dr Patankar: 1. Caffeine Coffee, caffeinated teas, sodas, and energy drinks contain caffeine that can intensify acid reflux episodes, and cause heartburn too.
- Moreover, Dr Patankar says, “It can be problematic for those who have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Image courtesy: Shutterstock 4. Carbonated beverages Carbonated beverages like sodas and energy drinks are acidic and caffeinated, and can lead to acid reflux.
- 5. Chocolate Dr Patankar says, “Chocolate leads to intestinal cells releasing serotonin, causing the esophageal sphincter to relax and allowing stomach acid to flow upwards.