Sumary of Not just immunity, here are all the reasons why your body needs vitamin C:
- Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that reduces the risk of chronic disease, helps in managing high blood pressure, lowers risk of heart disease, reduces blood uric acid levels, prevents iron deficiency, boosts immunity and reduces the risk of dementia..
- It also helps in several metabolic functions including the activation of the B vitamin, folic acid, and the conversion of cholesterol to bile acids lowering blood cholesterol levels..
- Most importantly, vitamin C boosts the immune system, reduces the severity of allergic reactions and helps to fight off infections..
- A recently published clinical study in elderly people in India, there was a deficiency of vitamin C among 74% and 46% north and south Indians respectively..
- Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is needed to make a substance collagen that is required for the repair of various tissues in the body such as skin, cartilage, bone, ligaments and tendons, blood vessel walls, and teeth….