Sumary of Nutritional requirements and lifestyle disorders that can affect your chances to conceive:
- Prenatal nutrition is an important phase while preparing for pregnancy.
- Women need to focus on healthy weight and nutrients such as iron, folic acid and a balanced intake of other macro and micro nutrients to create a safe nine month antenatal phase.
- Hence, it’s advisable for them to include a good amount of fruits and vegetables, antioxidants, vitamins and mineral-rich food in their daily diet.
- Most women do not follow a well-balanced healthy diet prior to pregnancy and this hinders conception.
- Balance can be achieved by following the healthy plate guideline: Grains: While there are different types of grains, choose fortified grains with folic acid for additional benefit during pregnancy.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are divided into different groups such as green leafy, orange coloured, starchy vegetables and other vegetables.
- Low fat or fat-free organic milk and milk products are ideal if obesity is an issue.
- * Sources: Dark green leafy vegetables, cauliflower, orange and lentils.