Sumary of One Major Effect of Drinking Coffee on an Empty Stomach, Says Science:
- It’s safe to say that when a Monday morning rolls around, there’s nothing quite like sipping on a cup of coffee to wake you up.
- Depending on your variation of this gene, you either fall under the “fast metabolizers,” who experience the effects of caffeine for a shorter amount of time, or the “slow metabolizers” who experience lingering alertness and energy from the caffeine they consume.
- But for others, this speedy jolt of caffeine may trigger symptoms of anxiety or panic.
- ShutterstockWhen this might have a negative effect on your body If you experience things like restlessness, jitters, or anxiety after drinking coffee, you’re not alone.
- According to Frontiers in Psychiatry, there is evidence to back up a positive relationship between higher caffeine intake and anxiety symptoms for many people.
- If you’re someone who feels anxious after drinking coffee or are naturally prone to anxiety or panic attacks on a regular basis, the quicker “hit” of caffeine to your bloodstream from drinking your morning cup on an empty stomach might trigger unwanted symptoms.