Sumary of Supplements: The vitamins and minerals ‘people should avoid’ according to a doctor:
- Vitamin D is among the most recommended supplements people should take, particular during the winter months.
- The body creates vitamin D from direct sunlight on the skin when outdoors, but between October and early March in the UK, people don’t make enough.
- The vitamin helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body so is essential for optimum health.
- Government advice is that everyone should consider taking a daily vitamin D supplement during the autumn and winter.
- ” Understanding different types of soluble vitamins is also important.