Sumary of Surprising Side Effects of Eating At Your Desk, Says Dietitian:
- “I would encourage stepping away for as long as you are able,” says Samantha Cochrane, RDN, LD a registered dietitian at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
- “The time needed for healthy digestion is different from person to person.
- ” RELATED: Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to get tips from trusted health experts delivered straight to your inbox!
- “Eating faster can unintentionally result in eating more [due to] not being as in-tune to our hunger levels and reaching that overly-full and stuffed state.
- “If you don’t have enough food to get to that stuffed state, distracted eating or eating too quickly can also leave you feeling too empty and unsatisfied,” she adds.
- ” RELATED: Get even more healthy tips straight to your inbox by signing up for our newsletter!
- “It may not seem like much but even the extra steps to and from the kitchen can add up and make an impact on your health.
- In fact, you may be more apt to reach for unhealthy frozen meals or order fast food from Uber Eats.